September 18, 2017

ADOBE - ONE GREAT WAY TO CREATE TIMELESS ARCHITECTURE

“a home should have a warming effect on ones life” - Georgia O’Keeffe (1887 - 1986)


Africa? Greece? Spain? Mexico?

When I look at Georgia O'Keeffe's 1945 Abiquiu house in New Mexico, I notice how similar techniques and beauty are all over the world.  One way in creating timeless beauty is to stay as close as possible to what nature offers us to work with, and in fact...it's a very simple way!  This 1940's adobe house is ageless, beautiful and of a warming minimalism.
  
                    
article by Marlène Pauly more articles by Marlène HERE




It's good to reflect from time to time on our own personal values, ALSO when it comes to what we allow to surround us in our homes.  Picking colours and textiles to create a home is a very personal thing and there is are some basic rules to keep in mind:
Does it reflect who I am? Does it add to my well being? Does it make me happy?

This home might not be your thing but to me, it shows how timeless architecture can be.

all photos found here



More hotel info

More Morocco on
Facebook | Twitter |  Google+ |  Instagram | Website |

No comments: