September 01, 2017

EID MUBARAK KAREEM from ESSAOUIRA



The day of Eid, to me is a day of contemplation.
A day of trust and love, that all that is, is there because of a reason.


It's my fifth celebration already and I think it's the only day a year that I keep doors and windows closed.
Although I love the meaning of this day, I have a hard time coping with the fires, the smoke that covers the sky from around 11 a.m.
The smell of burnt meat is even harder to take.

Last year I wondered around in the empty Medina, discovering the beauty of it on a day when there is not a single soul in sight.
This year, I decided to stay in (which is very hard because I love the outside).
I decided to look for a way to share my gratitude for being here.  A way to share the love for the country and its people.

And so I made a small video of moments where I felt overwhelmed with gratitude and abundance in my home. 

Seth Godin - “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape from.”

I think I did!